Contacting the police

If you think you have been mistreated by police you can make a misconduct complaint. Police misconduct could include accepting a bribe, interfering with an investigation or assaulting someone. You can also complain about not being treated with respect or if you think the police have not followed their own procedures.

Who you contact to make a complaint against police varies with each state and territory. Please see the fact sheet below which details how to make a complaints in each jurisdiction.