knowmore has assisted many victims and survivors to seek justice and redress through the National Redress Scheme. For many of our clients who have received an offer of redress, the outcome has been life-changing.
However, the design and implementation of the Scheme limits its ability to achieve the essential elements of redress identified by the Royal Commission, including:
- equal access to justice for all survivors of institutional child sexual abuse
- equal and fair treatment of survivors throughout the redress process
- the provision of survivor-focused and trauma-informed redress.
knowmore undertakes systemic advocacy to improve the NRS for victims and survivors. Our advocacy involves:
- sharing the experiences of our staff and clients with the NRS and making recommendations for improvements to the Scheme
- contributing to inquiries and reviews into the NRS
- working with the media to raise awareness about the NRS and the need to improve the Scheme for victims and survivors.