knowmore’s Support Services team of specialist social workers and counsellors can assist you through the process of accessing our legal service.
We know that seeking legal advice can be a daunting task and that recalling unhappy memories can have an unexpectedly disturbing effect.
It may help to talk to a Support Services team member about the impact of talking about past abuse experiences.
The Support Services team can provide assistance in a number of ways:
- provide information and advice about on-going counselling and other support options in your local community
- provide short-term counselling and support while you are going through the legal advice process
- prepare you for your legal appointment
- support you during your appointment with a lawyer, either over the phone or in person, when it is possible to do so
- follow up and debrief with you after your appointment