knowmore provides free legal advice and practical assistance for survivors of child sexual abuse. We provide a confidential and supportive environment.
Our lawyers help with common legal problems for survivors of child sexual abuse. We can:
- talk to you about your options for redress or compensation
- give you advice if you are considering an application to the National Redress Scheme or if you receive a National Redress Scheme offer
- discuss free referral options for making a civil claim
- provide information about the payments available through victims support schemes and other schemes
- help you get access to documents
- give you advice about speaking out about your experience of child sexual abuse
- talk to you about your options if you wish to report child abuse
- refer you to an appropriate service or lawyer
- can give advice if you have signed a costs agreement with a law firm after talking to a claim farmer
- give you legal advice about making a complaint about claim farming of a personal injury case in Queensland.
We also help Stolen Generations survivors, including with applications under the Territories Stolen Generations Redress Scheme.
We work closely with Redress Support Services who can help with completing a National Redress Scheme application. Redress Support Services are specially trained to help survivors. We may refer you to one of these services.
It is important that you have all the information you need before you decide what legal action to take. A knowmore lawyer will give you this information and may send you a letter explaining the options available to you. You can also read information for survivors on our website.
Survivors of institutional child sexual abuse may find the redress process difficult. knowmore has support workers, financial counsellors and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander engagement staff who can support your journey with knowmore