During the life of the Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sexual Abuse, knowmore provided support to victims and survivors who wanted to share their stories with the Royal Commission.
We also drew upon our experience working with victims and survivors to undertake systemic advocacy on issues affecting survivors generally. knowmore made numerous submissions to the Royal Commission in response to issues papers and consultation papers on topics including:
- child safe institutions
- preventing sexual abuse of children in out-of-home care
- civil litigation
- criminal justice responses to child sexual abuse
- advocacy and support and therapeutic treatment for survivors
- redress schemes
- access to records and recordkeeping
- the responses of particular institutions to child sexual abuse.