This newsletter was originally published by the National Redress Scheme.
For more information or to find support services, go to the National Redress Scheme website or call 1800 737 377 Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm (local time), excluding public holidays.
In July and August, a number of new institutions, organisations and religious orders completed the necessary steps to join the Scheme.
The following institutions have completed the steps to join the Scheme:
- The Armidale School
- The Church of Jesus Christ of the Latter-day Saints
- The Churches of Christ in Queensland*
- The Cistercian Order of the Strict Observance
- Franciscan Friars
- The Friends’ School
- The Order of the Sisters of the Presentation in Queensland
- Sisters of the Good Shepherd
*The Churches of Christ Queensland has joined the National Redress Scheme on behalf of its community services branches. The organisation is actively working with its affiliated churches to support them in regard to joining.
The seventh group of Anglican organisations, represented by Anglican Representative Limited, have also joined:
- Anglican Church Property Trust Diocese of Sydney
- The Anglican Church of Australia Collegiate School of Saint Peter (trading as St Peter’s College)
- Calrossy Anglican School
- Christ Church Grammar School Incorporated
- Church Missionary Society – Queensland with Northern NSW
- Church Missionary Society – Tasmania Incorporated
- Church Missionary Society – Western Australia Incorporated
- The Council of St. Andrew’s Cathedral School
- The Council of St. Catherine’s School, Waverley
- The Council of Trinity Grammar School
- The Council of Barker College
- Guilford Grammar School Incorporated
- Glebe Administration Board
- The Illawarra Grammar School
- Meriden School
- Perth College Incorporated
- Sydney Diocesan Services
- St Andrew’s Cathedral Gawura School
- St Bartholomew’s House Incorporated
- St Hilda’s Anglican School for Girls Incorporated
- St Mary’s Anglican Girls’ School.
The additional institutions joining the Baptist Union of Victoria participating group are:
- Ballarat North Baptist Church
- Benalla Baptist Church
- City Baptist Church
- East Doncaster Baptist Church
- Hampton Park Baptist Church
- Heartland Baptist Church
- Ivanhoe Baptist Church
- Melton Baptist Church
- Moonee Ponds Baptist Church
- Narre Warren Baptist Church.
For more information about which sites are covered by these institutions, go to the National Redress Scheme website. There is also a full list of institutions that have joined at: www.nationalredress.gov.au/institutions/joined-scheme.
An interactive map is available on the website for you to choose a state or territory to find institutions that have joined in your area.
Where do I get support?
Redress Support Services are available to help people understand the Scheme, provide emotional support and guide people through the application process. A list of support services is available on the website.
If you need immediate emotional support, please contact:
- Beyond Blue 1300 224 636
- Mensline 1300 78 99 78
- 1800 Respect 1800 737 732
- Lifeline 13 11 14
- Suicide Call Back Service 1300 659 467
- In an emergency call Triple Zero (000)
Find out more
To find out more about the National Redress Scheme call 1800 737 377 Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm (local time), excluding public holidays. You can also go to the website: www.nationalredress.gov.au.