Institutional redress schemes

Some institutions provide redress schemes for survivors of child abuse

Some institutions accept applications where there has been physical, emotional or sexual abuse committed by their staff.

These applications go through what is known as an ‘institutional redress scheme’. Sometimes these schemes will pay compensation and provide other support.

Institutional redress schemes are different from the National Redress Scheme. If you would like to know more about institutional redress schemes and whether one is available to you, please call knowmore’s free advice line on 1800 605 762. It is important that you get legal advice about the redress or compensation options that are relevant to you.