Minister for Families and Social Services, Paul Fletcher, has announced that 39 Redress Support Services would be funded until June 2021 to provide survivors with support before, during and after the Redress application process.
Some 34 existing services are receiving funding until June 2021 and five additional grants are being offered to establish Redress Support Services in areas of specific need.
The new service providers being offered a grant are:
- ACT Disability and Carer Advocacy Service
- Cape York Remote Area Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Child Care Advisory Association
- Pilbara Community Legal Service
- Survivors and Mates Support Network (SAMSN)
- The Blue Knot Foundation.
Last week, the Government posted its list of institutions that have not yet joined the National Redress Scheme, along with the names of institutions that have joined.
For more information, visit https://www.nationalredress.gov.au/
The Federal Government media release can be found in full here