You may have different compensation options depending on which state or territory the abuse happened in
States and territories have different compensation options for survivors of child sexual abuse.
You might be able to get compensation by:
- applying to the National Redress Scheme
- applying for Stolen Generations redress, such as the Territories Stolen Generations Redress Scheme
- taking legal action against the person and/or institution responsible for what happened to you (civil claim)
- applying to your state or territory victims support service
- receiving a reparation order if there is a criminal case against the person responsible for what happened to you
- applying to an institutional redress scheme
It is important that you get legal advice about the redress or compensation options that are relevant to you.
The factsheets below have information on the compensation options in each state and territory.